Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Filet lace curtain panel

Filet lace curtain panel



This is the final result knitted on Brother KH940.
To achieve this I used a simple picture without many details.

The lace pattern in the background has 6 passes with the lace carriage and 4 with the knitting carriage. So in order to not distort the picture I stretched it by a factor of 1.5 in Photoshop. Any picture editing software works. Then opened up in Graphic Studio of DAK and transformed to a stitch pattern.
I then drew in the white areas the stitch pattern of the background. First I drew a small stitch pattern for the lace background, then inverted it because it seems I can draw only on the white non selected needle area. But as later for the finished pattern the animals need to be white, non selected, I again had to invert the whole pattern. Maybe there is an easier way, but this worked well.
final lace pattern

inverted lace pattern

and here is the final DAK stitch pattern.
144 st x 804 rows with lace carriage, 562 rows with knitting carriage. I started with a seam and ended with a seam to be able to hang it with a rod. Yarn was Bonita 100% mercerized cotton, finished size 22 x 37".



Here another set of curtains






No comments:

Post a Comment